Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Can't make my mind up


Back when I was planning on sewing the Margaret bag, I had purchased 2 coordinating cotton prints in blue and brown. As time goes by, I've been contemplating making a top instead. Especially, when I saw this tutorial at Sew,Mama,Sew. It's from the same lady who posted the Buttercup bag on her blog. I like it but am a little leary of potentially looking as if I'm wearing a maternity shirt when I AM NOT pregnant or ever planning on being pregnant again.

I'm game to at least make one and see how it looks on my body. The best bet would be to use cheap fabric and make a muslin before cutting into the good stuff but I would never be so careful. I like to jump feet first right into a project. Something, that drives my long suffering husband nuts!

The dilemma, I'm facing, is which fabric to use where. I originally thought the larger pattern on the body of the shirt with the small print for the bodice and straps. Now, I'm second guessing myself. This is the part I don't enjoy about sewing...putting patterns/colors together. It doesn't come easy for me.

1 comment:

  1. I think your original thought is good. The smaller print is better for smaller areas like the bodice and straps. If you put the larger print there it wouldn't come through as much.
    I am like you, I jump into things too soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!