Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ottobre Design shorts

Alma pants to shorts

These shorts were made from the Ottobre Design 04/08 issue. I took the #6 "Alma" pants pattern and shortened them to make bermuda length shorts. I didn't add pockets to this pair because I had no desire to try and match up the plaid.lol I also skipped doing the belt loops. I meant to cut out a size 92 but accidentally used the 86 pattern pieces. No worries as the shorts fit both my 2 year old and my 4 year old equally well.

I had a spot of trouble with the zipper this go around. After I'd screwed it up several times my mom graciously stepped in and sewed it correctly. She also made the tank top. Thanks Mom!

Overall, the shorts went together pretty quick. I not too keen to sew with plaid fabric again but will probably make another pair of shorts like these...maybe in a khaki?

DSC00851

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!