Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Girls's Top and Cropped Leggings

I've completed 2 of the clothing items for the SWAP. The top is made from fabric I bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby while in WI. At $2 a yard, I couldn't resist. The top is from an older issue of Ottobre Design and doesn't reflect the longer body length of today's tops. I did add an additional inch to the bottom but really wish I'd added 2-3 inches so that I could do a better hem. As it is, I barely turned under the hem and used a double needle to finish it. Because of that, the edge has a tendency to flip. A bigger hem would alleviate that. I made a note on the pattern pieces so next time I make this shirt, I'll know better.

The cropped leggings from the current issue were a snap to make with the exception of the pintucks. I really struggled with making them even and didn't space them correctly even though I had drawn the lines on the fabric.*roll my eyes* It's difficult (at least for me) to press and then sew tucks on a jersey knit fabric. The fabric doesn't hold the crease like a woven would.

K is thrilled with the outfit and keeps asking to wear it so I must have done something right. I have another SWAP shirt that is 90% completed that I'm hoping to finish tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That was a good idea to make a note right on the pattern piece like that! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!