Friday, August 28, 2009

Progress in the sewing room....or not

Not much sewing has been happening over the last few days. I've had the time but not the desire. I did finish one SWAP shirt on Tuesday (pictures to come soon) and have a pair of leggings that only need elastic put in the waistband. I also started the slim fitting t-shirt.

I'm starting to feel the crunch of having too many projects to do and not much time. I'd really like to complete the SWAP by the deadline. I also have K's junior bridesmaid dress and M's flower girl dress that need to be done soon (the wedding is the 18th of Sept!). I haven't even cut out the muslins yet. *looking sheepish* There are also tons of ideas for fall/winter outfits that are running through my mind. Kind of makes it hard to concentrate on what needs to be done.

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, you'd better get cracking!! :-) My mantra when I have too much to do and don't know where to start is "Just do the next thing, just do the next thing. Don't think about the rest until you get there."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder! I often just shut down and do everything BUT what needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the whole too-many-projects-running-around-in-my-head thing! I've not only got the SWAP going on for Miss M, but I just decided to cloth diaper the next kid, so I'll have to sew up a whole slough of those...PLUS I have things for Miss M's birthday in November (I'm due in November!) and a halloween costume in mind...not to mention the rest of my Christmas projects! (I've been doing Christmas stuff since January, so at least *some* is done!) I've just had to force myself to sit down to one thing and get it done before jumping into the next. Otherwise I end up with lots started and nothing finished...not good for keeping up my morale!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!