You can hardly see the pockets but they're on there. Now I just need to do the neckline binding, stitch the side seams, do the sleeve hems, make the ties, and sew the hem. Sounds like a lot but everything should go together pretty quick. I don't really know if K will wear this top much but you never know.
And what's this? It's not for the SWAP but miss M needs a backpack for Monday's trial run at the reverse mainstream preschool. I've had my eye on the Made by Rae Toddler Backpack pattern for a while now so Tuesday afternoon I went ahead and downloaded it. I'll have to make the larger version as it needs to hold folders. There's not much in the way of fabric stores in our area beyond Hancocks and Jo-Anns but I tried valiantly to find a cute print twill to make the backpack out of. Surprisingly (or maybe not so), this was about all I find that was girly. I will be making the body of the bag out of the print with the bottom and straps out of the blue. I also bought piping in blue but the zipper is going to be pink. I'd had my heart set on purchasing a cute Japanese print online but since she needs it by Monday, this will do. The pink twill I bought just in case I change my mind about using the blue.;)