Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day of School Outfit

I wasn't ambitious enough like so many other sewing mamas to make my children new clothes for the first day of school.  However, two of my daughters chose to wear clothes that I had made.  K wore her new striped shirt that I sewed for part of the SWAP.  Unfortunately, it was rainy and cold her first day and she's wearing a hoodie zipped up over the shirt in the picture I took.

M's first day of preschool was sunny and she wore an Ottobre Design outfit that I made.  The top is "Kukkopilli" from the 01/09 issue and the shorts were a hack of the "Alma" pants from 04/08.
"Kukkopilli" and "Alma"

It makes a mom feel good when her children choose to wear the clothing that she makes them.


Miss M needed a totebag for her preschool and slack mom that I can be, I didn't make it or even embellish it beyond putting her name on it with fabric letters.  I'm holding out, waiting to see if she gets accepted into the  preschool program at the big kids' school where she'll need a backpack.  Hopefully, I'll hear that she got accepted and win the Made by Rae Jackpack Backpack GUEST GIVEAWAY!!!!  I've had my eye on the pattern for a while.  It looks like the perfect size for a little kid.  I can remember K and P heading off to kindergarten with a way-too-big-backpack hanging off their shoulders.  Either way, the pattern is on my must-have list.:)

1 comment:

  1. "It makes a mom feel good when her children choose to wear the clothing that she makes them."
    Amen!! Good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!