Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sarita Jeans

I'm down to one last lonely skirt to sew and K's SWAP will be completed.  Phew!

Yesterday, I finished the jeans.  I thought it would be one of the harder pieces to sew but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as I feared.  I'm becoming a pro at pockets and zippers and waistbands...not really!  But at least I'm able to make patterns with those details and have them turn out not-so-bad.  A first for me this time was the belt loops.  Another detail that I had been dreading but is really simple to do.



It's hard finding someplace to lay these suckers out and get a picture of them.  K is planning on wearing them tomorrow so I'll be able to hopefully, take a better picture.  I think the Sarita jeans would look nice with a contrasting top stitch.  I wasn't feeling too confident in my ability to top stitch straight so I used matching thread.  These would also work well with a twill instead of denim.

The only adjustment I made to the jeans was to take 1 1/2 inches off each side through the hips.  Otherwise, the fit is good. The only snag I ran into was the back pocket embroidery.  It's not complicated but for whatever reason, it was giving me fits.  I kept trying to use a triple straight stitch but couldn't manage the curves with it.  I've been practicing though since it seems like it would be a useful stitch. 

I hoping to have the skirt and the SWAP finished next week.  We'll see....

2 comments:

  1. Those are really cute jeans - my oldest dd isn't quite in that size yet.

    I was doing a fly zipper today and hoping that someday...someday soon...fly zippers will be old hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's becoming easier the more I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!