Saturday, December 19, 2009

Felt Madness!

It's been all about felt this week and a heck of a lot of hand sewing. 

Thursday night, I finished this little guy for M's preschool teacher.


The idea/inspiration came from here .  I'd originally bookmarked it to make the softie for one of the kids but with time running short for my original gift idea (tote/cloth grocery bag) I decided to make her an ornament.  We tied the scotty dog to the handle of a small container of fudge and called it a night. 

Last night was spent finishing up the felt Mr. Potato Heads for my nephews.



I wish that I'd had time to make more parts but we needed to ship the package today to ensure that it would arrive before Christmas.  I did most of the sewing by hand while sitting in the family room hanging out with my kids and husband.  It would have been a lot easier on my RA hands if I'd utilized the sewing machine more but I didn't want to be all myself in the cold dining room sewing room.  K and P kept asking if I was making those for the little girls.  I told them that M and B were going to have to be content with the plastic ones they already have.;)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea to make felt potato heads! You can always add parts to give for future holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!