Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ottobre Design SWAP09 is COMPLETE!

You can't begin to imagine the relief I felt when I finished the last remaining piece...the skirt (#37) from the 04/07 issue.   I don't like to have unfinished projects hanging over my head but having a busy family means that sometimes I don't complete things as fast as I'd like.

This skirt was challenging for me but taken step by step, not too hard.  I worked on it while the intended recipient (my oldest dd) was in school so I didn't have her around to double check the fit.  After attaching the lining, I waited until she was home before sewing any further.  Good thing, because when she tried it on the skirt fell off.  It wasn't a little too big....it was 5 inches too big in the waist!  So, I decided to make a casing and add elastic.  Easy enough because of the lining/waist facing.  The elastic took care of the fit problem and now she can slide the skirt off without unzipping it.  If I'd known that I would have to put elastic in the waist, I could have saved some sewing time by skipping the zipper.;) 

This weekend, K is planning on modelling all her SWAP clothes so I'll post pictures of her next week wearing everything.  I enjoyed the experience and might try this again for spring/summer clothes.   Next up on my sewing list is shirts to match the little girls' apple pants and a gray wool skirt using an Oliver+S pattern for K. 

eta:  Chez Ami is having a 40% off all their regular priced fabrics and their clearance fabric has been reduced to $2.50/yard.  The shipping is only $5 and the sale is good until December 10.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love that print - have almost bought it a hundred times. I'm not sure what has stopped me... That Chez Ami sale is tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Congratulations on finishing the SWAP. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!