Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 In Review

Back in April, I posted a sewing to-do list of various projects that I wanted to complete.  How did I end up doing?

M got several pairs of PJs and I discovered a new pattern (Kwik Sew 3105) to use for nightgowns.  I converted the peasant top into a dress for B.  K ended up with some new church clothes from the SWAP.  The smocked dress for B...it ended up tossed.  I was close to finishing it up (or so I thought) when I realized I'd made a big mistake in how the rows of smocking were lined up.  Rather than rip it all out again, I quit.  And as for the Winnie the Pooh quilt, I never even pulled it out!lol  I managed to make the hammock but it didn't end up being very functional.  It's still out there but never gets used.  The slipcover project never got beyond thinking about it.  I don't see where I'd have the time to work on it so I'm thinking of purchasing one.  The trainers didn't get made either.  I did find my stash of PUL left over from my diaper making days so maybe after the kids head back to school next week, I'll start on the trainers.  I embellished several shirts with watermelons, pumpkins, and whales.  I also used my hand sewing skills to make scotty dog ornaments and felt potato heads.  All in all, it's been a productive and fun year.  I can't wait to see what 2010 brings!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!