Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shorts and Latest Issue of OD

Yesterday was not the fruitful day I'd hoped for.  I spent most of the morning playing around with a "Puffis" shirt I'd cut out and an iron-on transfer.  Neither turned out quite as I'd envisioned but I grudgingly finished it.  No pictures as I left the shirt at my parents' house.  I did at least find out that a 98 of that particular shirt is too big for either of my little girls.

All of my angst over the shirt disappeared though when that white envelope containing the new issue of Ottobre Design arrived.  There's plenty that I like for M and B. 





The coat would be perfect for next winter as a dressier option.  The button down shirt is adorable but I don't know how much my girls would wear it.  The leggings with gathering on the side offer a little twist on the usual.  The pants have pockets on both sides and a cute detail on the bottom of the legs.  I have some voile that I picked up last summer that would be perfect for the tunic.  The pinafore is on the smaller end of what size I've been sewing but I think with a few little adjustments it would make a sweet top.

For P there was a pair of pants (#25) that I liked and 2 shirts (#24 and #22) that would work for him.  As for K, the skirt that has a step-by-step tutorial on OD's blog would be nice.  Maybe she could sew it?  There was also a pair of jeans ( #32) and a hooded short sleeve tunic (#30) that she likes.  Plenty of sewing will be done out of this issue!

On another note, I've come up with my version of Gymboree's knit shorts.  I'm planning on putting together my first tutorial (with pictures!) to show how I did it.  Be looking for that sometime next week.:)

The top pair is from Gymboree and the bottom pink and purple is mine.





8 comments:

  1. Ooh, cute shorts!! Looking forward to the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at what you make! I like your pink and purple shorts better than the Gymboree ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the shorts you made!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shorts are great. Looking forward to seeing the puffis shirt soon. I'd much rather have too big than too small... they'll grow into it, but they don't ever get smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm quite happy with the shorts too and will definitely be making more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shorts are cute. I have yet to sew with knits. I have the Jule Farbenmix pattern traced and the fabric all laid out but the fabric rolling up is driving me crazy so I have yet to cut. I don't sew with a huge variety of fabric types and we don't have a lot of cold weather in general so this may sound weird but I think the coat would be a cute little spring coat in cotton. If I have time, I am going to try it out. I am thinking I am going to make the button down shirt just to gain the skills of making one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love, love, love that little coat. wish i had a wee one to sew for

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was over the moon to receive my latest copy of OD this week. There are so many lovely patterns in there. That gorgeous jacket is on my must do list. I look forward to the tutorial, I have been thinking of doing one too, but can never find the time.. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!