Monday, February 8, 2010

7 and 7

I logged on this morning to see that one of my fellow sewists has nominated me for a blogger award.

Thanks Millie!  If you haven't checked out her blog I highly recommend it.  She sews beautiful clothes for her children and herself.

So, apperently I'm supposed to tell you 7 things you might not know about me.  Shouldn't be hard since I don't mention too many personal things on this blog.  Here we go...

1.  I am a warm weather kind of girl.  The snow last weekend was nice while it lasted but as far as I'm concerned it can warm up into the 70s and stay that way!

2.  I have an irrational fear of sharks.  Dh gets after me because I panic every time we go surfing together if I see a shadow in the water.  It doesn't stop me from watching Shark Week on the Discovery channel though.:)

3.  Speaking of dh, I'm married to a man who is 12 years older than me. 

4.  I have 4 kids and would be fine with having more.  However, dh is definitely done so 4 is it.

5.  I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when child #3 was a baby.  I'm lucky that the medication I'm on  is holding the disease in check for now and that I haven't experienced any joint damage yet.

6.  I took my horse to college with me.

7.  I hate chocolate.   One Halloween as a child, I ate too many chocolate candies and spent the rest of the night throwing up.  Since then even the smell of chocolate makes me gag. 

Another part of this award is that I need to nominate 7 fellow bloggers that I think are creative.  Here are my picks:

It's been a while since Amanda  has updated her blog (she's busy with 3 kids and school) but she's an amazing sewist and knitter.  I especially like her post on dyeing yarn.

Peachy is new to blogging and makes the most adorable outfits for her granddaughters.  Those are some lucky girls!

Christephi has been working on a mailbox and letters for her daughter to play with.   She's very creative and does more than just sew.

Kathy is working on an Ottobre SWAP for her daughters.  She has lots of beautiful fabric picked out to use.  I can't wait to see the finished outfits.

Another one of my favorite blogs is Making More With Less.  Two sisters, Alisa and Suzanne, share their creative endeavors.  They both make beautiful quilts and clothes.

Pam has been working with knits quite a bit lately.  She also jazzes up RTW shirts with adorable embellishments.

Ivey started her blog in January of this year.  She has several fantastic Valentine outfits pictured that are simply adorable.

They are all great blogs and full of plenty of inspiration.  Enjoy!

-C




3 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to know a bit more about you. I'm also very glad I found your blog for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! It's very sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I really enjoy your blog too! Umm... you don't like chocolate? Wow, not to many woman can boast that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!