Sunday, February 7, 2010

Puffis Shirt


I'm not thrilled with my attempt at this shirt but at least I'm not loathing it like I did.  In my many tangent searches online I came across a website that offers free artwork to download.  There's a few in there I thought would be oh-so-cute on shirts for the girls.  In particular, the picture from Mandy Sutcliffe grabbed me.

Unfortunately, my iron-on doesn't really do it justice.  The colors are a bit off and I downsized the picture because I thought it was too big.  In hindsight, the orginial size would have been fine and probably would have looked a lot better.  I really need to work on the placement of embellishments.  I had put the picture too low and hated it.  At one point I considered tossing the shirt.  Last night, I decided if I added something to break up all that white above the picture, maybe it wouldn't look so awful.  It's definitely not one of my favorite tops but with the addition of the hearts, it'll do.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your little princess is happy! I think it's cute. Puffis is such a great tee pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, believe it or not i printed two of this pictures as cards the other day!
    I have an award for you on my blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!