She had recently woke from her nap and was still sleepy.
It seems the consensus on this top is that it runs big. Keeping that in mind I traced off a 92 for M instead of her usual 98. I have a print that I'm planning on using but I wanted to test drive the pattern first so this top was made out of a curtain panel that's been sitting in my repurpose bin for years. It doesn't have elastic in the neckline yet and the sleeve edges and hem still need be done. I tried doing a narrow zig-zag on my sewing machine to finish the hem but after breaking the thread twice and getting a wad of fabric stuck in the feed dogs I gave up. I'll use my mom's serger tomorrow to finish it.
It would have been cute to use a bright color thread while doing the shirring on the white fabric. Of course, you'd have to make sure you kept your lines perfectly straight since it would show up. I personally prefer the versions in the Ottobre Flickr Pool that were done using stripes and prints. I'll do another one out of "real" fabric soon.