Thursday, February 4, 2010

Scarlett O'Hara Top

Guess what?  I sewed something this afternoon that wasn't from Ottobre. 


It's a free pattern from the Oliver + S blog...the popover sundress.  The red gingham is from curtains that used to hang in our playroom before it became K's room.  Hence, the "Scarlett O'Hara" top.  I made a size 3 but shortened the pattern so that it would be a top.  It was supposed to be for M but she, in a typical kid fashion, refused to try it on.  B can still be bribed with goldfish crackers.:)  I'll probably go ahead and make a 2 for her as it's a little loose in the front.  The top still needs to be hemmed...I ran out of thread! 

This pattern is great.  It took me the little girls' naptime to sew it.  There's a lot of possibility with embellishment.  I had planned on using green ric rac but apparently I left it over at my parents' house on Tuesday.  Luckily, I have a bag of various pieces of trims and found the white eyelet to use.  My original plan also included a strawberry applique on the bodice.  Maybe on the next one.  After all, there's a lot of that red gingham left!

 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely top, I must check out that pattern. I love the fabric, I have some purple gingham left over from curtains. I must root it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a great use up for the teeny bits of eyelet lace left over from other projects!! What else can you do with 5 inches of lace?? Never throw it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Great use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The outfit looks super cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Love to repurpose fabrics. It only takes a smidgen of fabric and trim to make a toddler a precious outfit. Hey Beachgirl, I can bribe with goldfish crackers too!!
    Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peachy, We've used goldfish as bribery many times!lol When my son was a few days old we had taken him and his older sister (almost 2) to have their pictures taken. K refused to get near P until we sprinkled a few goldfish around him for her to snack on.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, we do whatever works... right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!