Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm back...

I definitely needed that vacation.  In fact, I think I could use another week of sunny, warm weather away from the house.  We got back on Sunday night and we've all been going non-stop since then. 

Today, I finished the girls' Easter dresses (Ottobre Design 02/05 #12).  I started them on Tuesday and ran into a small problem.  The linen is too sheer.  No big deal...buy some slips.  Apparently, slips are not too common an item for little girls anymore.  I couldn't face adding another item to my list of things to sew for Easter so Mom stepped in and whipped out some "down-n-dirty" slips.  I'm glad I picked an easy dress pattern to sew because if it had been complicated the girls would be wearing something they already have.  Next year, I swear I'll finish the Easter sewing before we leave town.  I haven't embellished them yet and am not sure if I will.  Depends on how busy tomorrow is.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!