Friday, April 23, 2010

New Toy

Or at least a new to me toy.  My mom had offered me one of her old sewing machines a while back but I didn't take her up on it.  At the time, I was content with my simple reliable machine that I had at home.
I've had it since shortly before my oldest dd was born.  We've tackled crib bedding, maternity clothes, dresses for K, numerous crafts, curtains, and clothes for M and B over the last 11 years.  It's even been borrowed to make repairs on horse blankets.  It's easy to use and functions pretty darn well after all the less than careful care I've given it. 

However, after using my mom's Bernina every Tuesday the old machine is sufficient but I'd like a little more bells and whistles.  This past Tuesday I finally carted home mom's old machine.
It has all kinds of fun options.
And a huge manual!
I'm hoping to play with it this weekend and make B a top to match her "Lime" shorts.  Speaking of which, the girls had their new clothes on today and I snapped a few pictures before preschool.


We're still working away at that to-do list for the house.  I re-grouted our shower last weekend and have been working on stripping some furniture.  Making an actual list of tasks we'd like to accomplish has helped us focus and relieved some of the gloom and doom feelings I had looking at all that needed to be done.  Hopefully, this weekend we'll cross off a few more items.:)

4 comments:

  1. A new machine! How fun! The girls are adorable in their new gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a fun machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Enjoy the new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun!! Have a good time with your "new" machine. It looks wonderful!! And your girlies are adorable in their shorts outfits too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!