Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mending Week

The sisters over at Making More With Less are hosting a mending week June 1-6.  I don't know about you but my mending pile is threatening to overwhelm my small sewing space.  There's a stuffed animal that has started to come apart at the seams, a few holey shirts, buttons that need to be sewn back on, shorts that need the elastic replaced, a few Barbie dresses that need new velcro...the list could go on and on.  I used to try and work on mending in the evenings after the kids were tucked in.  These days I collapse onto the couch and veg in front of the TV before eventually dragging my behind to bed. 

Maybe participating in Mending Week will  focus my attention on the repairs that need to be done and shrink my pile.  One can hope!=)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks so much for mentioning this here. I hope you get lots accomplished - we're banking on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!