Wednesday, May 26, 2010

S-N-S

B wore her Oliver+S puppet shorts today with an Ottobre Design top.  The size 4 fits so much better than the 2 did.  Plus there's room to grow so these should easily fit next year.  I didn't shorten the bias binding for the legs like the errata suggests and it worked just fine.  I really like how using the knit jersey for the main fabric turned out.  It's not real stretchy but the little extra give is nice to have.   These shorts will coordinate with several of the tops I've made B this spring.


Trying to get B to stand still for a "nice" picture is next to impossible.  The shorts got twisted and started looking like one leg was longer than the other...not so, I swear!;-)

M wore a dress my mother smocked and sewed a few years ago to her Preschool Musical this morning.

Off hand, I'm not sure which pattern was used.  It was from an Australian Smocking & Embroidery magazine but that's all I know.  I love smocking on little girls' clothes.  It's been a long time since I've done any.  I'm a rather impatient person and get frustrated with the length of time it takes to make a smocked piece of clothing.  I rather like being able to trace a pattern, cut it out, and sew it up all in one day. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the shorts. So funny trying to get the little ones to stand still. How old is she?

    I love the hydrangea bush you are using as a backdrop to these photos. I love the blue ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shorts are lovely..I love the colour.
    The dress must have taken ages! I want to try smocking some day....another thing to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!