Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mending, Day 1

I started on my mending week to-do list last night after all the kiddos were tucked into bed.  M's horse purse was first on my list.  Before:

One of the handles had come unstitched

After: 


M is wearing Ottobre Design 03/06 #17.  Peachy has made several of these that I adore so when purchasing some back issues recently, I made sure to buy the one that had this shirt in it.  I used cotton jersey from fabric.com and since I didn't have a color I liked for the binding I ended up cutting into a craft t-shirt from AC Moore.  I'm not sure where I stumbled across the "girl power" picture originally.  I believe it was on a sewing blog that had a link to this.  It was one of those things that I downloaded and promptly forgot about until cleaning up my computer's desktop recently.  I used paint.net to color it in and then printed it off on to iron on transfer paper.  I did one for B too and just need to make her shirt.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining us!

    I love the T-shirt - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!