Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ruffles and Mending

In addition to the "Girl Power" shirt, I also made M the Ruffled Halter by Oliver + S for Stitch magazine.  I saw this morning that you can download the pattern directly from O+S here.  I've had the polka dot stripe fabric for several years.  Since the ruffles are cut on the bias, my original fabric choice with a directional print wasn't going to cut it.  I rather like how this fabric worked out.  M is also wearing the puppet show shorts I sewed.

And I'm still plugging away at my mending list.  This morning I fixed a decoration on a top that my mom had sewn for M a few years ago.  B is now wearing it and is definitely rougher than her sister with her clothes.

Before:

After:



I'm saving the more involved mending for this afternoon.  There's K's dress and a pair of B's pants that need some help and I believe a few of the dress up clothes are hanging by a thread.;)  How far I get depends on how long B-saurus naps!

8 comments:

  1. That top looks really neat with those diagonal stripes! I'm sure mixing up your mending with some fun sewing helps the bore factor. I try to do one mending item in between each thing I sew. Unfortunately, I've never reached the end of the mending pile and the kids often grow out of things before I fix them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ruffled top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute top. And those last 2 photos are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the fabric worked out on the top. I have been mending clothes recently too, chopping bottoms off trousers, adding bits on and making 3/4 length trousers out of ones that were only fit for throwing out otherwise. It's good to make clothes last a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all!

    Joy, I'm not real big on mending either and a few things have been sitting in the pile for over a year!

    Millie, Yep, it does feel good to get more wear out clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an adorable halter top and I appreciate the link. I will try it, too. you did a great job on the mending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top with the ruffles is so cute! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!