Saturday, September 18, 2010

2 Finished dresses

I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't have even one of the Jump Rope dresses finished in time but I managed to complete 2 before the end of the sew-along.  And finally, I had sewn fabric stash yardage so that I earned some real points in the Stash Game.  I've signed up for another sewing challenge/kick in the rear that begins on Monday...Kid's Clothes Week Challenge  over at elsie marley.  Nothing like a challenge to inspire me to stop dreaming about the clothes I'd like to sew and to actually get behind my sewing machine and sew.

But on to the dresses...


Both are View B of the Oliver + S Jump Rope Dress.  B's dress is made from a fine wale corduroy with red/white polka dot twill as an accent and M's dress is out of the polka dot twill.  The inside placket of M's dress is red gingham.  I think the twill is almost too heavy for the dress as it doesn't hang quite as nice as the corduroy.  Something to keep in mind when I use this pattern again.  The girls' red shoes were K's when she was a little girl.  B was a trooper wearing them because they are way too small for her!  But they were the perfect accessory for the pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Poor B! They turned out beautifully. I love how they co-ordinate. I hope to make my little ones this version soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Both dresses turned out to be beautiful. I love this pattern, and was so hoping to participate in this Sew-Along, but oh well......just could not get there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both dresses are so cute!
    Now you need to go shoe shopping... (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!