Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 2 of kcwc

Day 1 of the kid's clothes week challenge involved me finishing K's jump rope dress.  Day 2 (yesterday) I finally got around to sewing the polka dot blouse from Ottobre Design 01/08.
It's a size 98 and I added about an 1 1/2 inches to the hem line and 2 1/2-3 inches to the sleeve length.  I appreciate 3/4 length sleeves but being someone who growing up had a hard time finding long sleeve shirts that actually came to my wrists, I find I don't like my kids looking like they have outgrown their new clothes.  Even if that's the style.

The fabric is Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom.  I've had this fabric in my stash since last fall and boy, was it hard to cut into it.  The binding was left over fabric from B's baptism gown.  It's a light blush pink.

After a late start, I've been working on the little girls' fall wardrobes.  I'm still sewing away on the rust pants (that's this afternoon's project).  I also want to sew a hoodie for B.  I was lucky enough to win a Kitschy Coo Kid's Reversible Hoodie pattern and I've some fleece in my stash that's going to be perfect for that pattern.  Now I need to decide what fabric to line it with!

7 comments:

  1. That Polka Dot Blouse is one of my favorite Ottobre patterns. I definitely understand about the 3/4 length sleeves though! I had the same problem when I was a kid...I have long arms for my size. The fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I can't believe how much you're getting done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blouse is adorable! Are you glad you cut into the fabric now that the blouse is finished?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alisa! Yes, I'm glad that I finally cut into that fabric. I'm really trying to start sewing out of my stash, especially the fabrics that I only have a yard of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do I love it, but the way it fits. Just perfect. I literally stopped all Ottobre patterns because I just felt like the fit was not right. You have inspired me to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jeannine! I do find I have to tweak Ottobre patterns some but I think for the most part it's worth it. The newer patterns, I've found seem to fit better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!