Friday, September 3, 2010

It's a start

I'm a bit pathetic in that I've only earned 5 points so far during the Stash Game.  I did a spot of mending on this and that and earned 2 points.  I finally finished the Toffee Apple top from Australian Smocking & Embroidery issue #81.  That netted me a whopping 3 points for finishing an UFO and using 2 notions (ric rac and interfacing). 
Toffee Apple from AS&E
I can't remember how long ago it was that I had started on the smocking.  It's been at least a year but I think it might have been closer to 2.  It's one of those that you know if you want one of your children to actually wear the finished item you'd better hurry up and finish it or else it won't fit.  I'll have to say I was really impressed with the directions for the construction of the top.  It went together in no time at all and I really like how the facings finish the inside. 

There's one last UFO on my list before I start in on the fun stuff (ie new projects), M's backpack.  I have until Tuesday morning to finish it.  It probably would have been done yesterday but I'd misplaced some of the pattern pieces and for the life of me couldn't find them.  After an hour spent cleaning up my sewing room this morning, they turned up so I'm hoping I'll get time this afternoon to work on it.  We lucked out with Hurricane Earl...only a little rain and wind and that's supposed to move out by this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!