Monday, September 6, 2010

Made by Rae backpack


Made by Rae backpack
Originally uploaded by beach_mom_3
Here's another UFO that got finished and counts a little more for Stash Game since I used several notions. It's all packed and ready for Miss M to take to Kindergarten tomorrow.

I had purchased several twills online in August for the backpack but when they arrived I decided that they'd be nicer for clothes. Luckily, I had just enough left over fabric from my trial run backpack that I sewed a while back.

One of those fabrics (a red twill with white polkadots) is going to be used for an Oliver + S Jump Rope Dress. I've signed up for the Sew-along and am planning on making one for each of the girls out of various fabrics that are in my stash. Participating in the sew-along will be another good motivator to get off my tush and start sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I contemplated joing the sew-along but I hate joining something I'm not sure I can complete (in time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'll complete all 3 in time. And I'll probably spend this weekend playing catch up so that I can be on target to finish one of the dresses.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!