Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Neat Beat Pant=Skinny Jeans

Ever since her big sister got a pair of skinny jeans, M has been begging for a pair.  I had the Neat Beat pants, 06/09 #17, on my to-sew list and since the pattern is a slim fit (hooray!), I thought I'd give it a try.
This pattern delivered!  I used a stretchy lycra/denim from JA's.  The pattern's smallest size is a 110 and I usually sew a 98 for M with additional length.  I used the 110 but skipped adding seam allowances and the results were just what M and I were envisioning. 
Well, mostly.  M wanted them even skinnier!  But mom wants her to be able to get them on with no help so this is as skinny as we're going.  K has had no struggles with putting her skinny jeans on but my friend, who is a middle school PE teacher, has shared some humorous anecdotes about girls trying to get in/out of their skinny jeans while dressing out for PE.   Skinny jeans aren't a whole lot of fun if you're struggling to get in/out of them.:)

I'm going to take the next 5 days or so off from blogging/sewing and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with family.  

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. I love that look on her face!

    This is one my favorite pants patterns. They're easy to make, yet don't look like plain elastic waist pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yep, That's her "Do you have to take a picture of every single thing you make that I wear?" face.

    AFter spending Sunday looking through the Ottobre flickr pool and reading your posts on your blog about the neat beat pants, I decided it would be the best pattern to use. It's such a quick sew I definitely see more in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! My seven year old has been begging me to make her skinny jeans for MONTHS. So far I've dodged the bullet. Fortunately for me, her older sister (10) loathes them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely on her....I have made these too and I thought they were a bit on the small side, but very good for my skinny girl.
    M's face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!