Nightingale Tunic, Ottobre Design #16 04/09
I made this for M in a size 98. I finished the tunic a couple of weeks ago and was waiting to complete a matching pair of Tulip pants in a dark blue pin cord before sharing a picture. However, I haven't made any progress on the pants beyond cutting them out. I pretty much faithfully followed the pattern. I did add a little length to the frill pattern piece so that it ruffled better.
My mistake was in the invisible zipper. Recently, a lady at our church gifted me with some of her sewing supplies. She is no longer physically able to sew and none of her children or grandchildren are interested in sewing so she thought of me. I have masses of zippers and trims in my sewing room now plus several smocking plates and patterns. I decided to use one of the invisible zippers that I had on hand even though the color doesn't match. After all, since it's invisible the only part that shows on the outside is the zipper pull and that can be changed with a little bit of nail polish. My mistake is that I didn't line it up correctly and the zipper doesn't go all the way to the top.
It's not a tragic mistake. I sewed a little hook and eye at the top and when Miss M has it on, no one will be the wiser. ;-)