Monday, December 20, 2010

Hiding Out

I'm hiding out today, surfing the web, cleaning the house and all around avoiding work on my only handmade Christmas gifts.  They're nothing fancy, nothing complicated, only pjs for the kids which I hope to give them on Christmas Eve.  The patterns I'm planning on using are all ones I've done before which is maybe why I feel so meh, blah about sewing them.

Which brings me to a question...If you use a pattern over and over, do you trace off the next size up or just add what you need (length or a little more width) to the existing size that you already have traced off?  I have the Darla pj pants traced off from last year and I'm thinking that I might enlarge the pattern that I already have.  Both kids need the legs to be longer and I'm thinking of adding a little more ease around the waist/hips.  Or I could just trace off a larger size.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I guess I don't have a usual method. I tend to lengthen the patterns that I've traced but the kids have outgrown before I've sewn. That way I don't feel like I've wasted the tracing time!

    I agree the Darla pjs have very little ease (and a low rise) for pajama pants.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!