Back home, I've jumped right back into sewing. These leggings, "Ruusunnuppu" from Ottobre Design 01/10, have been done for a few weeks. I couldn't decide which color ribbon to use for the embellishment so they sat almost done until we came home. I ended up going with nothing.
I have no clue if I did the darts/gathers correctly on the sides. It was one of those projects where the directions made perfect sense the first time I read them but when it was time to sit down and sew, I got a little lost. It didn't help that I didn't sew the leggings in one sitting but rather worked on them 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there. I opted to do a lettuce edged hem to maintain as much length as I could.
Ignore the thread sticking out!
I used rib knit from JA's. I love that stuff! It has a little bit of lycra in it and is super stretchy. I like how the darts on the side add a little interest to what would otherwise be a basic pair of leggings. I easily see making more for the little girls!