Standing on big sister's messy bed
We have officially made the jump to size 104 for all things M. I was concerned that the tunic would be too wide but the gathers in the back and on either side of the placket took care of the excess width. The opening in the front is a little low and M will need to wear a tee under this. I stitched up the amount marked on the pattern but I think you could easily stitch higher and still be able to get the top on and off. Using a tip from Katie, I used woolly nylon thread in the bobbin for the twin needle hem. It's so much better (stretchy and flat).
I used ric-rac and daisy trim in place of ribbons
M approved the top and wanted to wear it today. Mom needs to whip up a long sleeve shirt for her to wear under it as I think 45F is a little too chilly for short sleeves. I have the pants pictured in the magazine cut out too using the same fabric I used for P's pants a while back. I'm thinking of using aqua thread to top stitch...I'll have to do a test strip to make sure it'll look right. M also has a Sunday Brunch jacket and skirt cut out, all ready to be sewn. Hopefully, she'll approve of those once they're done.