Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moving on

We wrap up ballet on Friday, continue on with soccer, and have introduced track into our schedule.  K has made her school's track team which translates into practice every day after school, a trip to the running store for specific running shoes, and purchases of compression shorts and a shirt to wear under her rather skimpy, not well fitting track uniform.  Too bad I couldn't have made her uniform! 

On the sewing front, I've been keeping busy.  I finished a Swingset Skirt for B to go with her blue floral top.  I also made a pair of Sailboat pants for M & B out of white denim that I had received from a lady at our church.  Now I realize that white pants + M and/or B = pants that won't stay white long but I figure the pants can always be bleached if they get stained too bad.  Plus, the white pants will look so crisp and pretty against their tops I made...at least until they go play outside in them!

Swingset Skirt
White Sailboat Pants

I also have one Jump Rope dress in view A cut out.  It's a potential Easter dress for M or B.  My mom pleated some fabric I brought her that is supposed to be BK's Easter dress.  Realizing I have about 3 weeks to smock the dress and sew it means that it might not be ready in time.  My back up will be another Jump Rope dress in a to be determined fabric.  I'd like to say that I'll be making my dress and something for K but I think what I have planned is enough for my official to-sew list.  Unofficially....we'll see what happens!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so productive, Cindy! I am copping out of Easter dresses (I think) and using what I have in the cupboard. Maybe a dress for my middle girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy! The next thing on my list is gymnastics leotards - probably the biggest $ saver I sew.

    You have a nautical (color) theme going. Both skirt and pants are darling. I love the style of those Sailboat pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your white pants came out fabulous!!! Great job! I made a pair for my niece, but she is only 1 and can't get in too much trouble....yet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!