Thursday, April 21, 2011

2 Dresses Down

Spring Break and nice weather have left me with less sewing time than I anticipated.  I've finished half of my Easter sewing list and it's not the 2 I was initially planning on sewing first. 

Passport Dress in Blue

Simplicity 2209 (Lisette) in Blue Lisette Sateen

I'm not going to subject you all to another messy hair, no makeup, and in the case of this morning no contacts but glasses picture.  You'll have to wait until after Sunday for the modeled picture. 

OBX Dress

OBX (Outerbanks to those not in the know) Dress
self drafted skirt, top is OD 06/09 #38 with some modifications
Chez Ami blue ribknit on top, vintage cotton blend woven from my mom's stash on the skirt

And yes, there are water marks on the top part of the dress from where I was dabbing the temporary marker marks off. 

In other interesting news, Joy over at 21 Wale is holding a Groovy Bellbottoms Challenge!   It sounds like a fun challenge, one I'm planning on participating in.  Check it out!


Back to the sewing room for me to finish those last 2 dresses...


3 comments:

  1. I totally understand about not getting in too much sewing time during break. I like your dress - looking forward to you modelling it. You may just convince me to sew something for myself again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both dresses...but especially yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the nice weather. (:
    I know when it warms up here, our beach will be cutting into a lot of my sewing time.

    Both dresses are beautiful! I look forward to seeing your modeled pic. And I'm really liking how the waist on the little skirt turned out. The vintage fabric is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!