Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bellbottoms!


I finished, okay, mostly finished my Groovy Bellbottoms Challenge!   Miss M is now the proud recipient of a white denim pair.


I used a pattern out of an old Burda Kids' Fashion.  I'm not quite sure what issue it is but according to the copyright it's from 2003. 


The pattern number is 605 and in the line drawing they have pockets on the front.  I cut the pockets out but since I was working on a deadline (June 1) and still had to cook dinner for the gremlins I left them off for now.  There are high slits at the side seam hems and there is a zipper in the side seam.  I would have preferred to use an invisible zipper but had to work with I had on hand. 

Side/Back

The flare is more pronounced on the front leg panels than on the back.
Back

I tried to get M in a groovy mood by parting her hair in the middle but she kept tucking it behind her ears.  Encouraging her to flash a peace sign didn't go over too well either.  But I did get a hint of the flower child she could be...


5 comments:

  1. well, now I think I should have made the deadline June 2! Heh!

    I think it's interesting Burda had a pattern for dramatic bell-bottoms in 2003. The deep slit in the side of the legs is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Fun pattern, too. Now I wish I had made white ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm going to wash them today and see about adding the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I've been dying to make a sequiny pair for my little girl so she can be an ABBA member for Halloween, but it's so hard to find a pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!