Tuesday, May 10, 2011

KCWC: Day 1

For Day 1, I sewed nightgowns for the little girls.  I was able to finish them in an afternoon because I let the little girls take a 'mental health' day and didn't have to juggle school drop offs/pick ups.  They did complain that they didn't feel good when they woke up and following P's barfing on his teacher last Thursday, I wasn't going to take a chance.  However, M and B are obviously not sick and have been enjoying an entire day filled with mischief and pretend play.  Back to school for the two of them!
KCWC Day 1: Nightgowns
Kwik Sew 3105, View B, XS (4/5)

I left off the ruffle around the bottom and used lingerie elastic for the neckline and armholes.  Otherwise, I followed the pattern.  I started to use my sewing machine to do a rolled hem but the fabric kept being eaten by my machine so the nightgowns will have to wait until Wednesday when I can use my mom's serger to do the hem. 

KS 3105 Nightgowns
The nightgowns met with approval!

4 comments:

  1. We all need mental health days now and then! The nightgowns are darling! I should sew up some for Miss M now that the weather is getting hotter. I realized last night she only has 1 pair of warm weather pj's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mental health" day. I like that. Hey, I could use one of those (:

    Those are great summer pjs. I need to make a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh they are so precious. I am taking a mental health day this Friday and I CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!