Wednesday's sewing time was spent working on a Seashore Dress. I had it all done except for the buttons, buttonholes, and hem by the end of the day. My sewing time on Thursday saw the dress finished.
Oliver+S Seashore Dress, size 5
I think I need to pick a new location for taking pictures of blue clothes!
A year (two?) ago, I ordered a woven microfiber print from Chez Ami. I liked the print but wasn't sure what to make with it. When I saw the Seashore pattern this spring, I knew that it would be a perfect use of the fabric. I like how the dress turned out but when I use this pattern again, I'll use a cotton woven so that the gathers are softer looking.
Passes the run and play test!
As much as I like blue, I wanted a little pop of color on the dress. I was thinking yellow or orange buttons depending on what I had that was the right size. Yellow was what I found that worked. Then I started thinking about the hem. I really like this version of the dress (my inspiration for the piping) and how the bias trim on the hem line picks up the pink piping. I looked through my trim stash and found some yellow ric-rac. I pinned it on and took a step back...Sold! I love how there's a splash of yellow at the top and the bottom of the dress.
It's a fun dress with loads of possibilities regarding color combinations and trims! I'll definitely be making more.