Friday, May 13, 2011

KCWC: Days 3 & 4

Wednesday and Thursday, not as much was sewn.  My in-laws are coming this weekend so as much as I'd like to ignore the cleaning, it needs to be done. 

Wednesday's sewing time was spent working on a Seashore Dress.  I had it all done except for the buttons, buttonholes, and hem by the end of the day.  My sewing time on Thursday saw the dress finished.

KCWC: Days 3 & 4
Oliver+S Seashore Dress, size 5
I think I need to pick a new location for taking pictures of blue clothes!

A year (two?) ago, I ordered a woven microfiber print from Chez Ami.  I liked the print but wasn't sure what to make with it.  When I saw the Seashore pattern this spring, I knew that it would be a perfect use of the fabric.  I like how the dress turned out but when I use this pattern again, I'll use a cotton woven so that the gathers are softer looking.

Passes the run and play test!

As much as I like blue, I wanted a little pop of color on the dress.  I was thinking yellow or orange buttons depending on what I had that was the right size.  Yellow was what I found that worked.  Then I started thinking about the hem.  I really like this version of the dress (my inspiration for the piping) and how the bias trim on the hem line picks up the pink piping.  I looked through my trim stash and found some yellow ric-rac.  I pinned it on and took a step back...Sold!  I love how there's a splash of yellow at the top and the bottom of the dress.




It's a fun dress with loads of possibilities regarding color combinations and trims!  I'll definitely be making more.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is adorable!! I love the yellow trim. It's totally perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are fab together. Love all theextra details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It such a sweet dress. I like the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's a fun dress and will be perfect for summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this! The piping and yellow accents are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!