I used a bubble gauze fabric...the same kind that I used for my Shearwater Caftan but in a different color. As much as I don't like sewing the stuff, I have to say it's really nice to wear on hot, summer days. And it keeps getting softer every time it's washed. I skimmed the directions then did my own thing. Changes I made: skipped the drawstring and shirred the back (3 rows) and rolled hems on the sleeves and bottom edge. It's been so long that I've forgot what size I sewed. I do know that I used a smaller size on top and eased into a larger size for the bottom.
My next bit of selfish sewing was the Colette Sorbetto top, another free pattern download. This top has been making the rounds since it was posted in May. I'm a little late to the party but better late than never!
My fabric choice was a Lisette Lawn that I had bought a while back but wasn't sure what to do with it. I used the leftover fabric from my Passport Dress (Lisette Sateen) and made bias binding to finish the neckline and armholes. I made the size 6 but used the length of the size 16 plus an extra inch. When I make this again, I'll probably add another inch to the length. The armhole is a little higher than I'm accustomed to. For version 2, I'll drop it down just a tad. I'm pleased with the top and am looking forward to making another. The possibilities for embellishing/changing up the style of this top are endless! If you check out the Colette Patterns Flickr group you'll see what I mean.
And last but not least, a pair of shorts for the little girls. Seen here on BK...
Oliver + S Puppet Show shorts
These were finished at least a month ago. I used stretch denim left over from MG's skinny jeans. My seam ripper and I became close friends while I worked on the shorts. It was purely lack of focus on my part...I really don't do a good job when I sew after the kids go to bed.
The clock's ticking...only 5 more weeks of summer vacation and it's back to school for the kids.:(