Friday, July 29, 2011

Some Things Old and A Couple New

My mother so nicely took my sewing machine in to be serviced while we were on vacation. I couldn't just plop it back on the dusty table so I took a little time to clean it off. Since I had removed all the crap items off the top to properly clean, I decided to flip out the sewing machine that came with the table.


I became the owner if this beauty in 1999 after my husband's grandmother passed away.   Looking at it today, there's some minor rewiring that needs to be done before it's plugged in again.

The original bill of sale from 1952!

While visiting my in-laws last week, my mother-in-law offered me any of her buttons I wanted.  I picked through and here's what I came home with...


Some of the buttons are vintage, others were clipped off of clothing that was destined for the rubbish bin.


Buttons aren't the only thing we brought home from Wisconsin.

 Joe Bob

Aaron

The Beta fish were used as centerpieces at the wedding rehearsal dinner.  My mother-in-law brought them home for the kids.  Of course, there was no way the kids would let us leave the fish behind.  I was surprised but they endured the 17 hour car ride home.  I've put the last set of pictures up from our trip over at Siestas and Travels if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely old machine and a great piece of history to be sewing on. Very impressive that the fish made it back. They're a gorgeous colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to fun to have a piece of sewing history! I think it's funny the receipt shows they used their treadle machine as a "trade-in" when they bought the "new" machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!