Friday, August 19, 2011

Are you ready for some (Packer) Football?

Go Pack, Go!

I'd forgotten what a quick project the Bucket Hat from Little Things to Sew is.  I sewed the sides and top together on Wednesday when I had a few moments to spare and finished the hat Thursday night in about 1/2 an hour!

010

While I was hand sewing the last little bit, P asked with a voice full of hope if the hat was for him.  It was with great pleasure that I told him yes.  He was even keen to have his picture taken which is not a common situation!  Of course, he had to put on his Aaron Rodgers jersey and leave his pj shorts on to get the total Packer's look.

LTTS Bucket Hat

I used white denim for the main fabric and the left over GB Packer fabric from his pj shorts for the reverse side.  I'm not even sure when I made those...a year ago?  The white side out will be for our Gilligan Halloween costume.  I made the largest size hat and did 1/4 inch seams instead of 1/2 inch to make sure it would be big enough for P.  

009

And of course, every post needs a slightly goofy picture.   He was having fun!

7 comments:

  1. How funny that he went all out. And bucket hats keep the sun off better than baseball caps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat turned out really cute! Great idea to use 1/4" seams to make it a teeny bit larger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Your boy seems very happy with his hat!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is decked out well for some Packer football. Great job on the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nicole, Sarah, Cecile, and Emily! That hat has gotten a lot of wear since I finished it. He's constantly wearing it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must remember I have that book when Summer comes around and I need to sew hats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!