Sunday, September 25, 2011

Museum Tunic in Berry

I didn't have any full length shots of me in my AMH Museum Dress at the wedding.  So, I chose to wear it to church on Sunday and have my husband take some pictures before heading out into the dreary, rainy morning.

001
front
003
back

While cutting and sewing the dress, I referenced 2 sites:  the original tutorial and The Southern Institute's tutorial which includes instructions on how to line it.   My dress is made from Little Folk's  Square Dance Voile in Berry.

Due to time constraints and lack of fabric to line the dress with, I skipped the lining.  Next time, I will line the dress.  Full slips aren't the easiest items of lingerie to find.  And in the case of my slip, it slides around a bit and shows in the front v if I'm not careful.

It's an easy dress to wear and is quite comfortable...too bad the same can't be said about my heels!

5 comments:

  1. Of course I knew you must have made it! I meant to tell you at church that I loved it, but then I probably had to go wrangle a kid or something : ) Love that fabric--so vintage looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Thank you!

    Gayle, It is a great fabric...soft to the touch and drapes so nicely!

    Thanks Justine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! We just got this fabric into our shop and now I have to do this with it. HAVE TO.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!