Monday, October 10, 2011

KCWC: Day 1


*sigh* It's a little after 9 pm and I'm exhausted!

Most of today was spent away from the sewing machine dealing with family related business.  Trip to the orthodontist for K, lunch with M at her school, and then back up to K's school to take her some meds to counter act the mouth pain from the spacers she had put in that morning.  Then once everyone was home, there was dinner to cook and Algebra homework to check/help with.  All in a day's work!

I did cut out a pair of Dortje pants and an Imke shirt before the 3 older kids came home.

And I stitched the turquoise buttons to a scrap with different color thread (per the suggestions I received, here and on flickr) so K could pick a fave.


Button Thread Choices

She chose....blue. 

The plan for tomorrow is to finish K's shirt dress, buttons and all, hem K's Imke top and to start sewing K's Sarita jeans and M's Dortje pants.  That's all I'm committing to for now.

Here's K's Imke shirt from Sewing Clothes Kids Love that I cranked out once the little girls were tucked into bed...

Imke Shirt


The main print is a cabbage from Hurley.  After adding considerable length to the sleeves and hem line, I didn't have enough fabric for the entire shirt.  I discovered that the City Weekend cafe dots knit in aqua matches so I added a "design element" to the sleeves.  K's arms must have grown since this weekend (sarcasm, anyone?) because even the aqua addition wasn't quite enough.  Hence the yellow cafe dots. 

The "design elements" were a little much for K.  After putting it on and only saying that it was soft, I let her off the hook and told her it could be a pj top.   She was relieved.


5 comments:

  1. Oh what a disappointment though! Grace's arms seem to grow that fast too. It will be a cute pj shirt though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! It's a good pajama shirt, though. You wouldn't normally put that much detail into a pj top, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the top, Cindy - the CW dots match so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I really shouldn't sew after 7 pm...I do my worst work then. The shirt is fixed and looks quite nice, I think. I just need K to try it on again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!