Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bring On the Gift Sewing!

My original list has dwindled down to only a few items.

You're thinking, "Wow!  She really has it together and has finished almost all her Christmas sewing."

Um, no.

I've come to the realization that if I want to sleep at all over the next 10 nights that the list is going to have to be culled down. 

What's on the list now?

013

-2 Explorer Vests for my nephews (which are about half way completed and need to be done by Saturday so they can be shipped).  The pockets will be stuffed with some little toys that I hope they'll enjoy.

-Ornaments for my kids.  Each year they get an ornament in their stocking.  I haven't picked who's going to get what but I have several ideas on my Christmas Ornament Ideas pinboard.

-Zip-Itself Coin purse for MG.  I came across the tutorial several months ago and think it will be perfect for her to use for her school lunch money.  Plus, I have plenty of cute ribbons that are crying to be made into something.

-Circle Zip Earbud Pouch for someone in our family who is going to be getting an Ipod Nano for Christmas.  That person will remain nameless in case he/she reads my blog.:)

-Peek-A-Boo Toy Sack for the wooden blocks that Miss BK will be getting.

-PJs for all 4 kids.  I'll use the same pattern I used last Christmas for the little girls' nightgowns (Kwik Sew 3105).  P will get 2 new flannel pajama bottoms.  I'm going to try Ottobre Design 06/11 #37 which are boxer shorts and lengthen them to pants.  Target had knit shirts for $5 each so I bought 2 that will coordinate with the flannel.  I feel like I'm cheating but for $5 I can't buy enough fabric to make a long sleeve knit shirt for him.  K will get new pajama pants too. 

-I'm also hoping to finish K's duffle coat.  It won't be a gift but it would be nice to have it finished by Christmas.  The hood is sewn on and the zipper is in so the finish line is in sight!


What's on your Holiday Sewing List?  And how much of it is done?

007

9 comments:

  1. I just got the bathrobe pattern in the mail today so I don't think that will get done but you never know if I get a burst of creativity and energy...

    Also to do: a pair of pj's for me (finished and wrapped the girls)

    Would like to do another Colette skirt for me in red. But if I don't get to it I can always wear my green one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the month with a huge list but I have only made one thing, the puppet theatre. I find I don't sew well under pressure... Hope you get lots done, but make sure you enjoy the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better get a 12 pack of Red Bull and a big box of NoDoze (do they make it anymore? I dunno) so you can sew into the wee hours of every morning to get all your projects done!
    Love, love, love the Explorers Vests and the fabric you chose for the lining. Fabulous.
    And all the other projects looks great too, albeit time consuming. Hope you get them done. (Love the Owl ornaments)
    I've got 3 projects that I simply must start (Dorothy costume, overalls and a pink ruffle dress) plus a load of repairs including Raggedy Ann who went into the hot wash and now her hair is felted.
    The Christmas clock is ticking Cindy ..... here's hoping we get it all done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those vests look fantastic.

    I'm dangerously far off from my sewing goal. How can Christmas be next week already?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you SURE you're gonna get any sleep?! ;) That's still a pretty sizeable list! A word of warning... that little zip pouch, as cute as it is, is no fast sew... lots of hand sewing on it. I've made 2 of them.

    I have intentions of making 2 or 3 of the little ear bud pouches yet. And if there's time, a pair of doll mittens? :) But I lose my sewing room when my kids arrive Wed. or Thurs., so I have to get going at it.

    Good luck! I wish you success!! And Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done a doll and tutus so far. Still need to make up some PJs. And that's it! I am trying to keep the stress level down this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mynorth, Ha! Yes, that might be exactly what I'll be doing if I don't get a move on it. Luckily, there's not much going on this weekend (so far!) so I should be able to cross some of those items off the list.
    I hope you're able to finish your projects too. That clock is ticking louder and louder!

    Karen, Thanks! I swear I blinked and 2 weeks disappeared! My kids have school through Thursday of next week so if I budget my time wisely, I should get everything done. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made 5 of those zip-it purses so far! Two more to go. I found a second tutorial for them, and it helped me to go back and forth between the two. (Especially if you'd prefer to make one without the sour cream shape.) http://utahscraftychick.blogspot.com/2011/08/zipper-crafting.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing that other tutorial, Jo! I like that it shows how to do other shapes too.:)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!