Thursday, December 1, 2011

November's LTTS Challenge

One thing the little girls' have asked for is new clothes for their Webkinz.  They constantly raid the doll clothes box and put outfits on their various animals.   So, when it came time to choose a project for November's sewalong challenge I had to try my hand at the doll dress.

A few scraps of fabric and a little sewing time =


The dress fits so nicely on K's almost forgotten American Girl doll.


And it works for Jewel, BK's weimaraner...


Though the dress could be a little shorter on Jewel.


The dress is adorable with it's little details.  It has a fully lined bodice and a hem facing.   Another great project from The Little Things to Sew book!

14 comments:

  1. I can't believe the dress fits the dog! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress! I think I'll have to make one of those... and see if I can find something it fits... maybe my cat? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! My kids dress up their stuffed animals too. How long did it take you to make? Just so I know if it's worth it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog.... Cute doll dress.... I sewed a robe for my younest daughters stuffed lamb.... It was hard to sew the tiny armholes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Question about K's American doll...How's the hair? We're thinking of getting them for our girls and they love to play with hair - I want it to last.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! This doll dress was also one of my projects, but I'm waiting for Santa Claus to come and bring a bigger doll for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Cecile! It's a quick sew when Santa brings that bigger doll.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cute! I love that she dresses up her animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I want to make some doll clothes as Christmas presents for my daughter. This will probably go on my "To Sew" list.
    Nice to know it also fits on stuffed animals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I'm going to have to dig out my old american dolls to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Tara! The dress fits the American Girl dolls perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I love it on the dog! Great sew Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it on the dog. This is on my list to-do for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!