Saturday, February 4, 2012

Remarkable Raven

I'm completely doing a Nicole on the Clever Charlotte sew-n-show post title.:)


I think it's fair to say that I like the Raven pattern.

This is my third pair of the pants (such a quick sew!) and now I've conquered the hoodie.

004

The pants are a size 4 with the length of the 5 and are made from the dark teal corduroy sold on Clever Charlotte's website.  The hoodie is a size 4 also and is a Valori Wells Jenaveve Tribal Floral in Teal on one side and a natural color linen blend on the other. 


The linen teal isn't quite a match to the cord.  There's a little more green in it. 

011

I really took my time lining up the print to ensure a balanced look.  My fussy cutting didn't extend towards the tie however.:)
Raven Hoodie

002

Despite my model's less than enthusatic expression, she does like the outfit.  She doesn't have many tops that will coordinate with the pants and hoodie but I'm hoping to remedy that soon.  Today, she wore a white rtw long sleeved tee that Grandma embroidered just for her.

Puppy Dog Tails



 






Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I love the fabrics that you chose -- the hoodie and the pants look great together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dark teal is one of my favorite colors and not one readily available in fabrics.

      Delete
  2. That is a cute, and well sewn, outfit! I love the colors together also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whole outfit - especially the hoodie. Gotta get my hands on some of those Clever Charlotte patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both pieces are a relatively quick sew. The most time consuming would be positioning the tie on the hoodie and the pockets on the pants. You won't be disappointed by the patterns! Thanks.:)

      Delete
  4. So cute! I really like your Clever Charlotte patterns... Do I need more?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Uta! They are nice patterns. I held off on purchasing them as I have the Ottobre magazines plus various other independent patterns for the kids but I do like them.

      Delete
  5. Super cute! That hoodie is really fun! I like the waist toe especially. It's a very fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pants and hoodie together, Cindy - great outfit - as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole is going to be flattered.
    Pants and top are really sweet and the fabric you chose is just perfect. However I'm getting a huge charge out of your models facial expressions ... on all your posts. Truly priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, The little girls are characters and not too fond of me asking them to pose for pictures anymore. I've been having to get creative with the bribes!lol

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness,this is gorgeous!
    (and I am flattered)
    I actually like the hooded top as it is here.
    Now I will have to put my thinking cap on for MY title (he he)
    x N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I had to go to thesaurus.com to find a suitable adjective.:) I like it too but would like to try one with some elastic in the back. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful outfit, and I love the colours. I'm a fan of your Mom's embroidery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. back again...

    I forgot to answer your question about squirrel baffles; they work well preventing squirrels from climbing up the pole. But if the pole/feeder is too close to a tree, for example, then squirrels can jump down onto the feeder. Best feeder to get is from http://bromebirdcare.com/ No need for baffle and can be hung just about anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! That sounds like it would be the perfect feeder for us. We have several really big trees in our backyard so one that could be hung from a branch would work nicely. It'll be fun to watch the squirrels being thwarted!:)

      Delete
  11. What a cute, unique hoodie! I think the match (to the pants) is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Joy! It's a close enough match for me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the combo of the Valori Wells print with our teal cord! Way to go. And I find jellybeans work the best in bribing my girls into photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla! The teal cord is such a pretty shade.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!