Friday, March 30, 2012

Dolphin Tale T-Shirt

I had this shirt done before we left for Florida but wasn't 100% happy with it.  The sleeves were too floppy and just didn't look quite right.

before


after!


The pattern I used is the same as the Turtle top (Ottobre Design 03/06 #17).  The white is a cotton interlock and the sleeves/dolphin are a woven left over from BK's Family Reunion Dress.  I used sleeves from another OD pattern but can't remember which one.    If I don't blog about a project straight away, I forget the nitty gritty details.  That's why I blog!


Anyways...while we are gone I thought about the dolphin top.  MG really liked it so I needed to come up with some kind of solution.  Otherwise, I'd cringe every time she wore it.  I decided to zig zag over 1/4 inch elastic on the inside of the sleeve to gather the edge and eliminate the "flop".  Worked like a charm!



It was fitting that I fixed the shirt today.  MG is home sick from school and watching the movie Dolphin Tale.  The coincidence was enough to get a cooperative model and a smile.:)

Linking up to:



8 comments:

  1. So cute and love her little smile even though she is not feeling well. Get better soon MG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect fix! It looks great. I hope she's doing better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and the sleeves look great now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO sweet - I love it; I love the sleeves. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a big hit with MG.:)

      Delete
  5. If only 1/4" elastic could solve all sewing problems! It's very cute. I like the woven/knit combination, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!