Friday, March 16, 2012

Flutter & Finch

This week has been a sewing filled week as we get ready for our vacation to Florida.  I dare say, I'm a little burned out.  But my little girls won't be naked!

033

Clever Charlotte Flutter Blouse, as seen in the Spring 2012 Stitch magazine


039

I sewed a Medium in Prince Charming by Tula Pink.  I was a little unsure what size to make it and almost went with the Large as the girls' measurements just about put them in a large.  I'm glad I didn't as it would have been way too big.  I also added several inches to the length but as it turns out I didn't really need to.  I shouldn't have second guessed everything...put it down to sewing overload!

041

The details are wonderous.  Pintucks on the front with buttons to accent, gathered sleeves, and a keyhole opening in the back. 


040

And it looks fabulous paired with the Raven pants!

Finch Shorts


BK wasn't left out...she got herself a pair of Finch shorts.  Once again, the details are divine!  The pleats, the tabs, the cuffs...I don't which one I like best.

025

Perhaps the tabs finished with black MOP buttons.:)






21 comments:

  1. I adore the top, Cindy - just lovely. And those shorts....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! BK had the Ice cream top and shorts on yesterday...I need to upload the pic...

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Finch and Clever Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Ha...Those shorts are going to be made many more times!

      Delete
  3. I second that .... Clever Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flutter top. I don't have this issue of Stitch! I may find myself drawn in to the bookstore soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very nice Cindy, I want that stitch mag too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are a couple of other projects in the magazine that looked interesting too.:)

      Delete
  6. Both are so pretty! I'd love a pair of those shorts for myself, actually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shorts are even sweeter on! I'm not sure how well they would look on MG with her skinny legs but on BK...they are perfection (at least I think so!).

      Delete
  7. Cindy, love this top. I have one cut out in Lisette lawn that has been sitting on my sewing table for a while. This gives me lots of motivation to finish it.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the fabric you used, she looks adorable! I just got the sandpiper pattern from clever charlotte. Do you think they run large in all of their patterns? Have fun in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been sewing up a storm. Sewing woven tops and detailed shorts is not quite the same as cranking out t-shirts and leggings (:
    Both pieces are really lovely. I love the details on the shorts! Like you, though, I don't need to be tempted to buy more patterns, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shirt and shorts are so sweet! I love your fabric choices, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am presenting you with the The Liebster Award. If you are interested, please read all about it here: http://philwife.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html.

    Please don't feel any pressure to participate--I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This top is absolutely adorable, Cindy!!! Love the pintucks!!! The shorts are sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cindy, I've featured your Flutter Blouse today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/04/threading-your-way-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!I loved the top,i would love to try something like this!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just been browsing through the tops added to Pam's Threading your way link, and I had to stop and read your post. The top is gorgeous while being practical, and the shorts are so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!