Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm wearing skinny jeans...eeek!

I've got about 10 minutes to get this post written with pictures added.  Why?  It's supposed to be sunny and pushing 80 degrees today.  And I've promised BK that we'll spend the day outside playing.

Remember my goal for 2012?  I don't blame you if you don't.  I have a tendency to make a lot of goals and then totally ignore making them come to fruition.:)  I'm talking about the one regarding sewing for myself.  My goal was to make at least one thing each month.  It almost didn't happen in February...good thing it's a leap year and I had an extra day!

Lisette Portfolio in Linen

February's top (yes, I realize today is March 1 but I did finish this yesterday) is the Lisette Portfolio, Simplicity 2245, in a tunic length. 

016

See how dedicated I am?  I'm up, dressed, and mostly awake at 7:40 am just so one of the big kids could take my picture before they left for school.  My hair may still be damp and I might not have any makeup on but by golly, I have some pictures of the tunic being worn.

019

I sewed up a size 10 even though my  measurements put me in a 14.  There's still plenty of room.  I used a linen print that I picked up from one of the chain fabric stores last year.  I was originally going to use an aqua linen for the neckband but that was sacrificed for MG's Family Reunion dress last year.

The pattern is pretty straight forward.  I had it mostly done in an afternoon.  I like it and can see myself wearing it on the days that I want to be a little more pulled together than a tee shirt and jeans.  btw...I purchased my first pair of skinny jeans specifically to wear with this tunic.  Not sure how I feel about the jeans but I think they're okay with a tunic covering my butt!


linking up to: 




Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. What butt? Your so skinny with four kids. You look awesome in these clothes!!!
    If it gets warmer I think it looks smashing with capri-length skinny too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! You look great! I have a similar goal this year and was eyeing the Lisette patterns. Your top turned out so well! I'm glad to hear that it didn't take a long time to sew. I really love your fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And it's nice to see your photo here for once -- us moms need to get in the photos more often. :-) It's supposed to be warm here too....only our warm is 65, not 80!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Truthfully, most pictures of our family are minus me...I'm the one behind the camera.:)

      Delete
  4. It looks great, Cindy! And the skinny jeans look good too. Now you need to make some more tops to go with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Really like the fabric and the pattern. Good on you to make something for yourself. Hope you can stick with the goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This month might be hard...we're heading further south towards the end of the month and my little girls desperately need new summer clothes. We'll see...

      Delete
  6. You look fab, the whole outfit is so cute. Enjoy your 80 degrees, it's snowing here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! We had a great time outside and even drove to a large park when the older kids came home. Scary enough,monday's forecast is for rain and snow showers here. Yikes!

      Delete
  7. You looks really good! You can so (I almost wrote sew) wear skinny jeans. Love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I really need to try this pattern again. I had some sizing issues the first go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love the skinny jeans. You look great in them. Love the top as well. I have this pattern too, must use it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skinny jeans are great on you, and so is the tunic! It would look awesome with white jeans, too (skinny, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, I don't have any white jeans or capris...I might have to go shopping or find a good pants pattern to sew.:) Thanks, Uta!

      Delete
  11. Pretty! I love the pockets. I remember admiring that fabric at Hancock's. They sold out before I bought any, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole outfit looks great, Cindy!!! Good on you for sewing for yourself. I have that goal, too, but haven't managed anything, yet. Congrats on winning 'Girl's World'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this top - great combination of details and fabric. Skinnies are perfect for it (maybe essential?).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your version of this top, it looks great on you, and the jeans too! It's interesting that download to go down 2 sizes to get a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Cindy...you look great! I love the whole outfit!
    I think perhaps I should try this pattern again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you for sewing for yourself. I love it! I have that pattern but havent used it. Thanks for the sizing tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!