Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Last year for Easter, I sewed all of us girls new dresses. This year I got off easy and only sewed K a new dress.


The inspiration for this dress was a sundress from Chasing Fireflies.  K liked the overall look but didn't care for the tiers.  The new Little Lisette pattern is very similar in style so I turned her loose in my voile stash and she chose an AMH Little Folks print, Village Path.

Based on her measurements, I sewed up a size 8 with the length of a 12 for the skirt.  I should have used the 12 for the bodice length too as the finished dress is more of a baby doll style.  Oh well, now I know for next time.:)  


The bodice is lined but I chose not to line the skirt part of the dress as I really like how ethereal the skirt is.  K is wearing a half slip underneath instead.  Unfortunately, she is also wearing a pair of black soffe shorts and the black is showing through a little above the slip.  I didn't catch that until I had already uploaded the pictures.   






My only modifications were to do an invisible zipper up the back and a rolled hem.  The rolled hem was to preserve every bit of length I could.  I keep forgetting that K is 5' 4"!


I wore my AMH Museum Tunic Dress.  I originally only had 2 rows of elastic...I added an additional row over the weekend and like the fit even more. 


This was supposed to be a picture of my "boys" but M wanted in on the fun.

After church services and an Easter Dinner at home, the kids looked for eggs in our backyard.









Believe it or not, this is the best picture of all 4 together!  I think they need to take picture posing lessons from Nicole's crew.:) 


15 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love how light and ladylike the dress is. Your whole family looks great! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love K's dress - and I like the look of the short bodice.
    Can't believe she is 5'4" - that's how tall I am!
    You look great in your dress too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! She keeps shooting up. She told me last night that all her jeans are getting too short...it better warm up and stay warm quick!

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. He he,they are gorgeous Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, 5'4"?! That's how tall I am! How tall are you? Lovely Easter outfits all round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day! You all look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Your group shot of your kids put mine to shame...is it too much to ask for one nice photo?:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  6. You all look so beautiful - what a wonderful day. It's still too cold here but hopefully not for much longer. The dress is absolutely lovely, and your daughter is beautiful. (All of them are...but I can still recognize my daughter in your little ones, in terms of age and disposition and whatever - but your older daughter takes my breath away because oh my goodness, my five year old is going to turn into one of THOSE someday?? SCARED. And also in awe because SO BEAUTIFUL).

    I am glad you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow up so quick...there are times I'll look at B and think that it was only yesterday that K was that age. And time certainly flies the older they become. Thanks for the sweet comment...I'll have to let K read it.:)

      CM

      Delete
  7. Love the photo of the four kids together, Cindy. K's dress is so pretty and feminine!!! It would fit me... well, in length anyway. I must try a rolled hem as it finishes the dress off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful family, Cindy! It looks like you had a lovely Easter day. The AMH prints are adorable and your big girl's dress looks so light and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Uta! I adore the AMH voile and have a big stack that I'm hoarding.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous family and pics - even the poses! K's dress is perfect on her - I love how you used the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute,thanks for sharing!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!