Thursday, April 19, 2012

Neapolitan Sportswear

This week's entry for the Project Run & Play sewalong at home challenge:


 'Sandbridge Top' in Chez Ami cotton/lycra knit
Self Drafted Shorts in Chez Ami brown twill



Clever Charlotte Flutter Blouse in Little Lisette poplin
Oliver + S Badminton Skort in pink jersey knit



'Sandbridge Top'
O+S Badminton Skort


CC Flutter Blouse
Self Drafted Shorts

I have 4 pieces of clothing in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry (Neapolitan) that mix and match to create 4 different outfits. 



The Sandbridge Top is one of my prototypes for the free pattern/tutorial that I put together for Amanda at Kitschy Coo in March.  You can find the tutorial HERE if you're interested.:)




For the shorts, I took a pair of RTW ones that had been handed down through at least 3 kids and no longer fit BK and drafted a similar pair.  I especially like the back yoke and the half way fly that closes with velcro.  Easy Peasy for BK to close!




The hand stitching on the waist band with embroidery floss in vanilla and strawberry ties in with my Neapolitan theme.



Since I love the Flutter Blouse pattern from Clever Charlotte so much, I had to make another.  BK has been begging for an 'ice cream' top so this adorable Little Lisette print was the perfect fabric to use.


And I did the keyhole opening correct this time!;)


Since I'd made the Badminton Top last week, I had to give the skort a try.  I chose not to do the scallops as I didn't think they would work well on the light weight jersey knit I used.  I interfaced the inner front waistband also because of how light weight the fabric is. 



You can see the shorts peeking out from under the skirt.  I'd say this pattern is made for my active, crazy posing BK!









Link Parties:


Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. It is all so sweet and special Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! All the pieces will work with clothing BK already has which is nice.:)

      Delete
  2. Love it all but now I see I made my Flutter blouse incorrectly. My keyhole opening doesn't look right! That's what you get for not following directions I guess! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! You did a great job on these!! Good for you - I love the flutter top; must try to hunt down a copy of that pattern. (and then...make them ship it to Canada. Darn.). I love everything you did though - it's lovely, and really inspiring!! Your daughter is completely cracking me up - so cute!!

    xo

    Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love that BK :-)
    This is a fantastic set of clothes, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! You know how we love mixing and matching--great color choices. I especially love the ice cream fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love the Flutter blouse...I knew it was an easy sew from the last one I made so sewing it up as one of the pieces was a no brainer!

      Delete
  6. Fabulous wardrobe.....you have been busy!
    I like the photos with the Neapolitan logo - looks professional and makes for a nice presentation for PR&P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, they all look so great together! I especially love the velcro closure, I will have to remember that for my boy who doesn't quite get the concept of buttons just yet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brittney! BK struggles with buttons and even snaps aren't the easiest for her. But she can certainly (un)fasten velcro.:)

      Delete
  8. Cindy,
    These are all so cute. I still have the Clever Charlotte Flutter Blouse cut out and really need to get it sewn up. It is on the top of the pile for KCWC next week! After seeing your take with the Lisette ice cream fabric I might have to pick some up just for that. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it all! I'm always so impressed by all that you sew for your kids! I'm hoping to get a couple things done (or at least started!) next week for KCWC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, what does the "faux coverstitch" look like on your machine? I hate using a twin needle, I can never get the tensions right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this set, all of the pieces look so cool and refreshing and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pink and brown are one of my favorite combos so this was a fun set to put together.

      Delete
  12. These are fab - love the colours and the mixy/matchy combos - yay, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! BK is wearing the Flutter Blouse and brown shorts today.:)

      Delete
  13. These are all so great, and I love your version of the skort. You have been sewing up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. (You can see I'm about a month behind on blog commenting...). All of these are adorable! The color combination is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's so cute with her sportswear. She is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!