Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pink Lemonade

017


The week 1 Project Run & Play Challenge was to take the Dana Made It Circle Skirt tutorial and remix it.  At first glance it doesn't look like I did much "remixing".  But take a second look...




My remixing involved a little polka dot smocking and some hand stitching on the elastic waistband.  Word to the wise...polka dot smocking on fabric that is cut on the bias doesn't give you the perfect geometric look of the tutorial.  *sniff, sniff*  But it's still a cute design feature.

066

Circle skirts have a lot of fullness.

And a lot of fullness means...

019


TWIRLING!

Always a big hit with the 7 and under crowd  all girls because let's face it...if you're wearing a circle skirt you have got to twirl!


Badminton top


The coordinating top is the Badminton from Oliver + S.  The Badminton Top (Dress + Skort) is part of their Spring 2012 pattern release.   I used a white stretch poplin for the top and the skirt/accent on the top is Children at Play Dot to Dot in Berry.


ladybug


We had a little friend come by while we were doing pictures...with polka dots to boot!



linking up to Shwin & Shwin

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, Cindy and I love the name... pink lemonade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love the entire outfit! But the top is just what I imagined it was! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! It looks really good, the whole outfit. It looks like summer all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely outfit Cindy! The colours are great :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! It's girly which MG is all about.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! I just love the white badmiton! And the embroidery on the elastic is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that I'll be making the Badminton pattern a lot...I really do love the top. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I thought the same thing when I finished the two for the twins, another great staple!

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute outfit! I love all the details you added. I

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable outfit! I love the Oliver & S patterns, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Uta! O+S is definitely a classic!

      Delete
  8. I love the embroidery on the elastic. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit. My daughter would absolutely love the 'twirliness' of the circle skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! MG made sure I washed it so that she could wear the skirt to school on Monday...she wanted to show all her friends how twirly it was.:)

      Delete
  10. Adorable - Twirly is always a winner in this house! I love that pattern - can't wait to get my hands on it too. Lovely additions to the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with this - it's really adorable. I have an idea for the circle skirt remix but I've totally missed it (because of course I did - I think I'm stuck somewhere in March on my sewing to do list - sigh.). But I will make it anyway and I'm definitely inspired by yours - I really like the length of the skirt!

    Happy Monday!

    Christy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Christy! I debated and debated about doing this as truth be told, I wasn't super excited by this challenge. But my daughter adores the skirt so I'm glad I did it. You should totally go for it...I'm looking forward to seeing what you do!

      Delete
  12. Adorable skirt and top. My 7 year old would love this outfit. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!