Monday, April 2, 2012

State of the Sewing Room

A rather boring post today, as I am cleaning up my second sewing area (the dining room) and putting away the plethora of pattern tracings, pins, and fabrics that are strewn about the room.  Why, you ask? 

We have entered birthday party season (end of March through mid-May) and all the kids with the exception of BK will be having sleepovers.  We don't do parties every year.  While I appreciate attending a well thought out party, I do not enjoy being the one planning/throwing the party. 

MG's was postponed to this Friday after she came home sick from school last Thursday.  Poor girl had strep throat.  She's the one kid who has never really had a birthday party because we are usually in Florida.  Last year, we attempted a celebration at Chuck E. Cheese (my idea of hell).  Only one kid RSVP'd and showed up so it wasn't much of a party.  

This go around we have 3 girls who are planning on attending.  I am sewing rainbow pillowcases with a white cuff on them for the girls to decorate with fabric markers.  I'm also making sleep masks that match.  And then there's the bath crayons that need to be made.  So, I have been sewing/crafting but don't have much to show just yet.  Good thing I have an extra week!

So, not only does the dining room need to be cleared for the party but we also needed a place inside the house to store our next big project... 


New Flooring!

We will be ripping out all the old flooring (carpet and vinyl) that is downstairs (the exception being the laundry/dog room) and replacing it with laminate flooring.  I'm so looking forward to not having yucky carpet downstairs.  Don't be surprised if there's some work in progress posts over the next few months.  I think now's the time to move forward with my plans of slipcovering the sofas.  And perhaps some new curtains?



And while I'm blabbing on about future projects...I do have some clothes sewing to accomplish this week.  K's Easter dress will be Little Lisette 1893 out of an AMH voile.  I'm also looking forward to the new season of Project Run & Play which starts really soon.  I'm going to do like I did last season...do the sew at home part as long as it's a project that interests me or is something one of my kids needs/wants.  I'll also be participating in KCWC  (kids clothes week challenge) which begins April 23.  I need to sit down and make a plan of attack!
  
Now you know what's been on my mind recently.  And if I'm not here posting quite as often, I'm hopefully accomplishing some of those projects!:)


BK in Florida wearing her stars raglan t-shirt for the billionth time

5 comments:

  1. "Plan of attack". Sounds dangerous. "Here I come with scissors, needles and knives! Watch out!" :-)

    I'm hoping to sew along with the kcwc too but this week I'd like to make all 3 girls easter dresses. Better get off of this computer and get rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! These all sound like great things - I hope it all goes well and can't wait to see how everything comes together!

    KCWC - never heard of it before coming here (or at least never paid attention - probably more accurate!) but I am totally intrigued and excited to try it out!

    Sadly today I have to invest in tidying and cleaning....boo. No fun. Oh well...tomorrow is another day.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed how much I can get accomplished during KCWC. Having a little accountability really keeps me motivated to sew more. Of course, I don't think I've ever sewn everything on my KCWC list but making a dent is good enought for me. You should definitely give it a try.:)


      Cindy

      Delete
  3. Not such a boring post ..... exciting! You'll love the new flooring. And joining in on KCWC and PR&P, exciting too. Meanwhile, have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! Have a Happy Easter too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!